Nonviolent Communication (NVC) is a practical, learnable process for communicating with empathy, honesty, power and compassion. It integrates personal development with social change. The purpose of NVC is to ensure everyone’s needs are valued equally and fulfilled in ways that contribute to connection, harmony and peace.
Nonviolent Communication develops people’s ability to listen to and transform blame, anger and criticism into respectful, constructive communication, and to resolve conflicts peacefully.
NVC is a means for giving feedback empathically, so as to sustain self esteem, and enable people to learn and grow.
NVC has a profound effect on our relationships and on the contexts of our lives.
In Nonviolent Communication (NVC)
A two day training which
• presents the concepts and tools used in NVC
• introduces you to the steps of the NVC process for use in expressing yourself to others, listening to others and listening compassionately to yourself
• will give you sufficient information and practice to start using NVC in your daily life
• is run in an experiential style working with examples from participants’ lives
• is challenging, moving, supportive and fun
Like learning a foreign language, full fluency comes gradually, over years.
We request people to read Marshall Rosenberg’s book Nonviolent Communication – A Language of Life before the workshop.
This two day training is structured to work from ‘the big picture’ to a detailed look at the model and then looking at the big picture again. It is also designed to respond to different learning styles involving movement, whole group and small group work.
- The types of communication we would prefer
- The model used in NVC
- Expressing oneself using the NVC model and practice to try it out
- The types of communication which get in the way of connecting with others
- Empathy- what it is and how we define Empathy in NVC
- Listening to others without hearing blame, criticism or judgements
- Practise in Listening and Empathy
- Bringing the Model together – expressing oneself and being ready to listen- the Dance of Communication.
We are requesting €220 for the weekend. Please fill in this form to book your place. Places are limited so everyone has a chance to have individual attention from Shona.
For information and questions Email Me